City of Houston Strategic Procurement Division
About the Chief Procurement Officer -- Jerry Adams
Jerry Adams was appointed Chief Procurement Officer for the City of Houston in February 2017.
Under direction of the Chief Business Officer, the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) leads day-to-day sourcing and procurement activities for the City of Houston. As CPO, Jerry is responsible for developing and leading the implementation of supply chain strategies and solutions that enable the city to secure its products, services, equipment and construction needs in the most efficient and effective manner.
Prior to joining the City of Houston, Jerry served in senior supply chain leadership roles for Weatherford, Oceaneering and Gardner Denver as well as Tier II automotive manufacturers.
Jerry earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Management while working full time and raising a family. Jerry and wife Sandee have two grown children and seven grandchildren. Jerry served our country for three years in the US Army and has been active in community service as a volunteer Firefighter and Paramedic for 30 years. When not working, Jerry enjoys spending time with family and friends and traveling the Texas countryside learning about the rich history of our state.
Strategic Procurement Links
SPD Quick Links
- Guide to Doing Business with the City
- New Users - Create and Account
- Register to Become a City Supplier
- About Formal Bids and RFPs
- Search for Bids, RFPs, and Tabulations
- Online Purchasing Catalog
- Purchasing Terms and Conditions
- Supplier Resources and Procurement Links
- S/MWDBE Certification Requirements
- Hire Houston First Program
- Office of Business Opportunity
- OBO Solutions Center
- SPD Buyer Groups
- State of Texas Bid Law